Writing Flash Fiction for Marketplace Submissions with Editor In Chief Rhonda Schlumpberger

Business Writing Flash Fiction for Marketplace Submissions with Editor In Chief Rhonda Schlumpberger

Please register for SavvyWriterCon first!
Please note that you will need to register for SavvyAuthorsWriterCon before you can register for any webinars or intensives.
New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Category
  1. Structure
  2. Genre
  3. Writer's Life
  4. Critique
Class Length
3 Days
Writing flash fiction is fun and fabulous! What it's not? Easy. Cramming whole character arcs into 1,000 words (and less) is challenging. Writing flash takes time. Patience. Practice. It embodies the art of compression. A yearning for brevity. The need for urgency.

This mini-intensive addresses flash fiction through a publication lens: market do's and don'ts, the editor’s mindset, how to write flash fiction (with exercises), and how to edit it. Don’t miss this course that’s essential for anyone interested in authoring and publishing flash fiction!
Syllabus
Day 1: Meet Your Instructor – Welcome
Day 1: About Flash Fiction
Day 1: Flash Fiction Markets + Do's & Don'ts

Day 2: Writing Flash Fiction + Exercises

Day 3: Editing Flash Fiction + Exercises
Day 3: Summary, Submissions Reminders, and Farewell
Author
RhoSchlump
Start date
Sep 8, 2023 at 9:01 AM
End date
Sep 10, 2023 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 10, 2023 at 2:00 PM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

Latest reviews

I've had other flash fiction classes, but this class went far beyond in depth and detail than others I've taken here and elsewhere! I'm glad I registered. Thank you.
I found the course both informative and the feedback instructive and positive.
A well-presented class with the lecture material in both read-online and downloadable forms. Good interaction with the students and timely responses from the lecturer to questions. Would recommend this course to anyone interested in writing flash fiction, whether intended for publication or not.
This presentation helped me understand the process of writing to market, particularly flash fiction. She shared also a lot of new resources. Great class!