Nail Your Concept and Discover Your Book’s True Purpose with Amy Bernstein

Craft Nail Your Concept and Discover Your Book’s True Purpose with Amy Bernstein

Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $25 Basic Members $35

Register by January 1st and save $5, use code CONCEPTBERNSTEIN2024 at checkout!
Category
  1. Structure
  2. GMC
  3. Plotting
  4. Voice
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
CONCEPTBERNSTEIN2024
Class Length
2 Weeks
Whether you’re writing fiction, nonfiction, or memoir, the key to figuring out how to tell your story begins and ends with a concept. A concept isn’t about plot, characters, or dialogue. It’s the grand motif that ties everything in your story together—and helps you solve puzzles around timelines, arcs of change, and other thorny matters. This workshop teaches you what a book concept is and isn’t and how to write one and then use it. You’ll write multiple drafts of your concept, bringing you closer to nailing this essential grand plan for your book.
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Amy L Bernstein
Start date
Jan 8, 2024 at 9:00 AM
End date
Jan 22, 2024 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Jan 11, 2024 at 12:50 AM
Rating
4.67 star(s) 6 ratings

More classes from Amy L Bernstein

Latest reviews

The Concept class was so useful. I highly recommend doing the exercises. The instructor offers amazing and quick feedback. When I saw her name, I knew the class would be useful, since I've previously had classes with her. The knowledge, experience, insights and feedback one receives is priceless, if one makes an effort. I'm an so pleased I registered for any of her courses. You won't be disappointed!