Get Your Query Package Together with Amy Bernstein

Business Get Your Query Package Together with Amy Bernstein

New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Basic and Premium Members Prices
Premium Members $20 & Basic Members $25

Register by October 23rd and save $5, use code QUERYBERNSTEIN2023 at checkout!
Category
  1. Business
  2. Writer's Life
$5 off Early Registration Coupon-expires 1 week before class starts
QUERYBERNSTEIN2023
Class Length
1 Week
Authors seeking a traditional publishing path for their novel or short story collection need to polish several pieces of prose before leaping into the fray. A well-rounded query package includes a query letter, log line, pitch, target audience summary, and a few comp titles. (The synopsis is also important, but outside this scope of this class.) We’ll go over what’s special about each piece and you’ll draft your own, with plenty of feedback provided. This package, combined with your synopsis, prepares you to pitch your book to an agent or publisher by email or through the standard Query Manager many agents use.
Class Format
Savvy Authors' workshops are held on a forum: a bulletin board based system. You will receive a reminder notice one day prior to the start of the workshop that includes instructions on how to access the workshop forum. If you have not received instructions by the day the workshop begins, please check your spam filter.

The forum will be available the morning (EST) of the day the workshop starts and will remain accessible to all participants thereafter. You will also be given simple instructions on how to create a PDF of all your discussions along with our privacy and data retention policy.
Author
Amy L Bernstein
Start date
Oct 30, 2023 at 9:34 AM
End date
Nov 19, 2023 at 12:50 AM
Registration end date
Nov 2, 2023 at 12:50 AM
Rating
4.67 star(s) 6 ratings

More classes from Amy L Bernstein

Latest reviews

Unfortunately I lost internet and my phone last week! I managed to run to my daughters a couple of times to read a bit. Many thanks to Amy for her clear, kind and concise lessons and input. I’m resigned to studying everyone else’s queries and her invaluable feedback.