PITCHES WILL OPEN WED, MAY 8, 9AM EST
Before posting your pitch, read the Official Savvy Authors Rules for Pitching. Then post your pitch in the comments section below. The Agent/Editor will read all pitches and notify SavvyAuthors of requests.
Pitch Type: 3 lines
Authors of Color, LGBTQIA+, and Own Voices/Diverse romance (see blurb below for details)
- Single title only, please (80-100,000 words)
- Contemporary romance, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, historical romance
- Visit http://bit.ly/sbsubguidelines to see our Romance submission guidelines
Your pitch should include:
- Subgenre, book title, series title
- The series hook and book hook
- 2-3 sentence pitch
- 1-2 sentences about the next 2 books in the series
- Author sales history (are you debut, hybrid, self-published, commercially published, and how many books published?) (less than 50 words)
About Deb: Deb Werksman has been at Sourcebooks for the past twenty years, before which she had her own publishing company. She is the editorial director of romance fiction and acquires single title romance in all subgenres. Sourcebooks publishes 6-8 romance titles per month, in print and ebook formats simultaneously. We are the country’s largest woman-owned independent publishing house. We’re known for our sales and marketing, as well as our focus on building authors’ careers.
Questions? Contact [email protected]