Happy Turkey-Week eve!
Just a quick note this crazy week before Turkey Day (at least for you in the U.S.) to let you know what’s going on around SavvyAuthors. We’re going to send out updates twice a month to keep you up to date and to celebrate our members’ accomplishments. We love it when you succeed!
Fantastic news from us and you!
Congratulations to everyone who is on track to finish NaNoWriMo® and Savvy’s NaNovember Bootcamp, or who is just turbo-writing on her or his own! And for the rest of you, why aren’t you writing? 👀
Many of you will recall the amazing Dawn McClure from early days at SavvyAuthors. Dawn is not only my writing partner and crit buddy, but she is also SavvyAuthors’ newest blogger! She will join our great lineup of bloggers like Meg La Torre Snyder, Liz Crowe, Sally Walker, and Beth Daniels. Dawn is starting on a Voyage of Self-Pubbing Discovery and is going to take us along with her! So keep an eye on the SavvyBlog for her first installment.
Do you have something amazing to share? Sold a book? Landed an agent? Got a new release? I’m going to shoot out these emails twice a month to you our incredible and talented SavvyAuthors members. I would ADORE being able to talk about your incredible achievements! Shoot me a line at News at SavvyAuthors.Com, and I’ll send you a shout-out in one of our next updates!
We’ve opened registration for our December classes
And a reminder, you can save $5 if you register at least one week before the start of the class.
So, don’t wait until the last minute!
In December we have classes starting the first two weeks, but even our busy elves need some time to recharge, so we take the last two weeks of the year off. Oh, not completely off! We’re still around but we use that time to upgrade the site, add spit and polish, and work on our new events for 2018…and write, we do that too!
Check out our great December classes and join us from December 5-14 for our final event of 2017 which positions you for success in 2018… Plot your Success in 2018 – Goals and Planning! This year we have added ongoing accountability check-in, where we will ask you to post your goals and then update us on your progress. Drop by and sign up, maybe this year all that goal setting will finally work, eh?
Looking for ways to relieve holiday-induced family drama?
We’ve got you covered!
Starting the Week of November 20
- The Three Act Structure with Stephen Rogers ~ November 20 – December 17
- Creating Marketing Material with Terri Main ~ November 20 – December 3
- Introduction into the Psychic World with Melinda Williams ~ November 20 – December 17
Starting the Week of November 27
- Write Young Adult Paranormal with June Diehl ~ November 27 – December 23
- Writing Holiday Romances with Rebekah Ganiere ~ November 27 – December 23
- Self Editing with Katriena Knights ~ November 27 – December 23
- Vlogging for Authors: YouTube & Video Foundations with Lisa London ~ November 27 – December 23
Starting the Week of December 4
- On Your Mark, Get Set with Catherine Chant ~ December 4 – December 17
- The Successful Writer with Irene Roth ~ December 4 – December 23
- Creating the E-Newsletter with Jessie Clever ~ December 4 – December 17
- Creating Villains and Villainesses with Pamela Jaye Smith ~ December 4 – December 23
- Wrestling Voice into Your Synopsis with Beth Daniels ~ December 4 – December 10
Starting the Week of December 11
- The No-Excuse Zone : Time Management for Writers with Terri Main ~ December 11 – December 24
- Generating Gorgeous Genre – Tricks and Tropes of Genre Fiction with Pat Hauldren ~ December 11 – December 24
- One POV or Numerous POV? How’s a writer to decide? with Beth Daniels ~ December 11 – December 17
- Let’s Edit! Putting the Finishing Touches on YOUR Manuscript with Becky Martinez ~ December 11 – December 24
Thanks for reading and see you around the site!
- The site director and owner of SavvyAuthors.com where she sits behind the curtain most days turning interweb knobs and twisting network dials.
- A complete and total slacker-writer who, if she does not get off her laurels and WRITE, is going to be flayed by the very talented writers who keep SavvyAuthors going.
- A rabid hiker who, when not on the trail, pours over the REI catalog, Sierra Trading Post website, and tries to justify buying more gear to shave another 1/2 ounce off her base pack weight.
- A medical device consultant who, when not hiking or thinking about hiking, occasionally works helping companies bring exceptionally cool and useful medical devices to market.
- A biology and chemistry Adjunct Professor at SouthMountain Community College. GO COUGARS!
- An enthusiastic grandmother of the two cutest babies on the planet!!!!
OK, I’m out..time to sort the latest crisis is to afflict SavvyAuthors ;-).