2017 SavvyWriterCon Author Webinars
Check back often as we add new webinars every week!
Lisa London on 10 Ways To Make Your Author Platform Stand Out…In A Good Way
Saturday, September 16 @ 4 p.m. EST
- How would your life be different if you were able to generate more book sales?
- Would you be able to quit that day job you hate?
- Be able to spend more time with your kids?
- Splurge on that vacation you’ve been trying to save up for?
The key to selling more books is trust, and building trust with your potential customers starts with making a killer first impression through consistent & beautiful branding. Ever heard the phrase: A picture is worth a 1,000 words. Of course, you have but are you putting that into practice or just grabbing whatever random design you find on your free Canva account and then expecting that to convert into big bucks? This Webinar will review the 10 Must-Haves every professional author should be incorporating into their marketing plan to up-level your online presence.
Hello! I’m Lisa and I help romance writers sell books via online marketing + beautiful branding
Pat Hauldren on Test Your World: Building or Bulldozing?
Saturday, September 16 at 5:15 EST
Schools back and it’s time for a quiz! Does the world building in your novel stand up to the test? We’ll discuss world building foundations every novel of any genre must have, and then we’ll focus on particular genres and why solid world building is so essential and how you can build your world that is both believable and stands up to the test of time (unless you’re planning on nuking it after?).
Pat Hauldren is a writer, editor, and web designer in North Texas. Her latest edited work is “From Planet Texas with Love and Aliens” available at Amazon and elsewhere. Her next anthology is open to all and “for the love” market: “The Space Unicorn Saw Its Shadow and Other Tales of Whimsy.” Pat enjoys ceramics, Dallas Stars hockey, horseback riding, traveling, and teaches tai chi, writing, and editing workshops around the world. Find out more about Pat at www.pathauldren.net and www.editalley.com or email her at [email protected]
Cassandra Carr will be presenting a webinar on Keeping a Tight Plot!
Sunday September 17 @ 1PM EST
- Many writers, even experienced authors, sometimes find themselves taking a story in a direction they didn’t plan. While this can be serendipitous and lead to more interesting reading, it needs to be done in a controlled manner. One of the biggest mistakes new authors make is trying to do too many things in one story. In this webinar you’ll receive tips and tricks to help you move your plot in an orderly manner and avoid going on tangents.
- Cassandra Carr is a multi-award winning romance writer. Cassandra Carr lives in Western New York with her husband, Inspiration, and her daughter, Too Cute for Words. When not writing she enjoys watching hockey and hanging out on the computer.
Cassandra teaches classes on Writing Sports Romances, Essentials of Writing BDSM, Writing for an Anthology, and Making Time to make your Writing dreams come true.
Leslie Dow will be presenting a webinar on Facebook Advertising Best Practices: a fall 2017 update
- Sunday, September 17 @ 2:15 p.m. EST
The one thing we can always expect from Facebook is change. And with everything changing so quickly who has time to keep up with it all? That’s why it’s good to know people, like me, who make a hobby of staying on top of annoying and frustrating technology changes. So, join me for a quick run down on what those clever devils at Facebook have been up to in the past few months and how you can stay ahead of the changes to keep your social media presence fresh and exciting, and your book sales up!
Leslie taught classes this year on Designing, Developing and Running and effective Facebook Ad campaign and the Facebook Sales Funnel: Find the readers who will buy your book.
Leslie is also a technology and writing business blogger here at SavvyAuthors. Her recent articles include: Writing uses for that new Amazon Echo you got on Prime Day and 5 Things you should do before buying a Facebook Ad