Breaking the Fourth Wall! What It Is, Why To Do It, and How To Do It! with Beth Daniels

Craft Breaking the Fourth Wall! What It Is, Why To Do It, and How To Do It! with Beth Daniels

Please register for SavvyWriterCon first!
Please note that you will need to register for SavvyAuthorsWriterCon before you can register for any webinars or intensives.
New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Category
  1. Business
  2. Indie Publishing
  3. Writer's Life
Class Length
3 Days
Breaking the 4th Wall does not require a sledgehammer or major machines of destruction driven by folks wearing hard hats. Its something a Beta reader or member of your critique group or an editor might have chided you about.

When my first urban fantasy PI mystery comedy, RAVEN’S MOON, went to the copy editor the comments she gave me in those side-of-the-page-notes kept pointing out that I’d broken the 4th Wall and it needed to be repaired. No, it didn’t. She didn’t understand comedy.

Apparently I hadn’t watched FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF or Deadpool movies, where the 4th wall is broken frequently. But there’s a right way to do it, and a less than right way to do it.

I’m never going to say there is a wrong way to do it, just that if it’s not selling your reader on the concept, it needs remodeling. For this year’s Savvy Con, stroll down the 4th Wall lane with me and find out why turning a solid 4th wall into rubble can be quite fun!
Author
Beth Daniels
Start date
Sep 8, 2023 at 9:00 AM
End date
Sep 10, 2023 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 10, 2023 at 2:00 PM
Rating
4.97 star(s) 29 ratings

More classes from Beth Daniels