CHASE SCENES: 5 Steps to a Pulse-Pounding Pursuit with Andrea J. Johnson

Pacing-Tension CHASE SCENES: 5 Steps to a Pulse-Pounding Pursuit with Andrea J. Johnson

Please register for SavvyWriterCon first!
Please note that you will need to register for SavvyAuthorsWriterCon before you can register for any webinars or intensives.
New this year at SavvyAuthors!
  1. New!!
Level
Mixed
Category
  1. Characters
  2. Description/Setting
  3. Plotting
  4. POV
Class Length
3 Days
The words “chase scene” mean different things to different people. Some immediately think about car chases like The French Connection (1971) while others favor the outrageous boat chases that seem to pop up in every James Bond movie from Quantum of Solace (2008) to From Russia With Love (1963).

However, whether plane, train, or automobile, the one thing all of these famous chase scenes have in common is that they aren’t simply gratuitous action—they are designed to develop character and advance the plot. Join this mini-intensive to learn five easy steps to writing a chase scene that will keep your readers riveted to the page.
Syllabus
DAY 1: Meet Your Instructor – Welcome!
DAY 1: What is a Chase Scene? + Literary Examples

DAY 2: Five Essential Steps to Building Your Chase Scene
DAY 2: Questions to Consider Before Drafting Your Chase

DAY 3: Chase Scene Do’s and Don’ts
DAY 3: Chase Scene Checklist, Summary, Takeaways, and Farewell
Author
ajjohnson
Start date
Sep 8, 2023 at 9:01 AM
End date
Sep 10, 2023 at 6:00 PM
Registration end date
Sep 10, 2023 at 2:00 PM
Rating
5.00 star(s) 15 ratings

More classes from ajjohnson

Latest reviews

Love how she got down to the nuts and bolts of chase, so I could flesh mine out.
Another excellent class. All encompassing regarding plot aspects of a novel and elements needed with chase scenes.
I was hoping the course would cover the deeper emotional aspects of character development, and Andrea didn't disappoint. The various pointers were useful, including how to be inventive and ways of introducing a twist. Thank you!